2004-04-29

Sappho

Fragment #20

Look at him, just like a god,
that man sitting across from you,
whoever he is,____________________
______________listening to your
______________close, sweet voice,
your irresistible laughter________
_______________________And O yes,
it sets my heart racing-
_______________________one glance at you
and I can't get any words out,
_________________my voice cracks,
a thin flame runs under my skin,
my eyes go blind,_____________________
_________________my ears ring,__
a cold sweat pours down my body,
I tremble all over,___________________
__________________turn paler than grass.
Look at me___________________________
__________________just a shade from the dead
___________________________________________
___________________________________________
But I must bear it since poor______


Fragment # 36

Sweet mother, I can no longer work the loom.
Slender Aphrodite has made me fall in love with a boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home