2003-11-09

They came just as I swept to the curb the last of the front-yard oak leaves, lights flashing to the sound of fife and drum. In honor of my triumph over leaf-raking, Enfield threw me a parade! Me and Veteran's day. Strangest moment of the day: a Revolutionary War re-enactment group whistling "Dixie."
...
I am overwhelmed by the good design and honest poetry and viz art and prose available on the net so I flee outside; I fall into a pile of leaves (dilligence rewarded) singing gillian welch to the birds in the front tree (who sit and look at me, the funny creature on the ground; come up here, why don't you? so I do but it's too much, it's been four in the afternoon for hours now and it'll be dark soon). Too much today. There's so much and I'm trying to swallow when I should breathe it in, so I choke and hack - too many cigarettes - should try more tea and less semicolon abuse. Semicolons are comfy chairs, arrows telling me to Bear Right at this turn, the road doesn't intersect but it bends and now it's got a new name. I don't write well on drugs. So.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home