2001-07-13

Pretentious talented boys are beautiful and scary, like highway ballet.
Pretentious talented girls are welcome to share my heart, my home and my head, as well as my books and music, so long as I can do the same in return. I've already got one for an impending roommate and I'm so so glad. Tiger lily battlezone ahead!

Iris - Nicole Blackman

Iris is writing a poem while I read the paper at her apartment.
she blows a cigarette ash right into her shoe.
it doesn't seem to bother her.

I read the peom later and it doesn't make much sense.
then again, nethier does she.
it's Sunday and I'm at her place again.

she plays Strauss and techno on the stereo
as people drop in on her all day long.
it's just that kind of place.
friends stop in and stay for dinner.
her roommate is dying but we don't talk about it.

(she's the one who fixes me when I'm falling apart-
stitches me back together with nicotine and tea)

she's the kind of girl that can make a dress
out of a garbage bag.
she always somehow looks better than I ever will.
there's a lot of drag queen in her.

I lend her books and give her CDs.
we borrow pens and money from eachother's bags.
we're beyond the permission phase.

she's not dating anyone now.
she gets cushes on guys and girls but nothing happens.

she travels to places I've only seen in magazines.
she's got friends with no last names.
you can't take a bad picture of her.
she falls out of bed and somehow looks glamorous.
I paint her toenails backstage before a show.
she's so pretty when she smiles.

we can finish each other's sentences.
she laughs a lot.

there's something wrong with her
but she won't say what it is.

she's the only friend who hasn't turned on me yet.
but she will.
they always do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home