2007-06-01

Limited by character length parameter but not by love

Sidney's poll for the morning.

I am...
         reading LJ and Zeek instead of working; taking in caffeine and hormones; triple-checking my to-do lists; tired of gerunds. At work. A New Englander. Practical in heels. Leaving soon.

Right now I want...
         the rest of those to-do listy things DONE. Someone to watch over m(e/y cats while I'm gone). An oatmeal cranberry cookie (oops). A non-digital photo of Sidney. Ten minutes to think, pray, be still.

The social change I want most is...
         Ten minutes to think, pray, be still -- nationally

The political change I want most is...
         See above. Also freer markets, local to international. Removal of tarrifs and subsidies. Open border policies with accompanying reduction of fed social services (return to locally provided assistance)

I wish I was...
         Braver. More in touch with feelings. Expert with Excel/Access/SQL/VBA/VB.net/ASP.net. Doing accounting instead. Having breakfast with the rest of the Solid Gold Dancers. On the Dalmatian coast.

Right now I am very...
         Overwhelmed. In a zen state about the overwhelm. Unprepared for this Israel trip. Grateful for good friends. Tired. In love. Looked-out-for. Out of shape (in need of pilates and dancing). Excited!

I really hate...
         "We've always done it this way." "They're not really people like you and me." Violence trumping rights. Violence in the name of God. Rapists. Hatred of the stranger in our midst. Road rage.

I would like to go...
         Swimming. To Ukraine/E.Europe, Belize, Argentina, Northwest Africa, Estonia, Montreal again, driving through the American West, to Key West for long lazy vacation, to Israel (hey!).

I would like to experience...
         Summer morning on the Adriatic; Saturday night in Budapest; Passover in Morocco; fixing up a house with my Beloved; being on a ship in the middle of an ocean; having a baby; skydiving (sans baby).

I love...
         Sidney! Seriously, like. My Beloved. My family. Economics. Judaism. My kitties. Traveling. Dancing. Good food. Really good coffee. Nauset and the house on Cape Cod. Poetry. Small businesses. Stories.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg Thole said...

One thought among others:
I will go skydiving with you.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home