2005-06-16

God give us love in the time that we have

(fragile sound, a bobby pin falling in the back and embarrassed girl
whispering as she bent for it, shhh. Even the bar is held still
unflickering)

nobody knows what the newborn holds
but his mama says he'll walk on water
and wander back home
slept through Christmas,
slept like a bucket of snow

tomcat girl in a rattled cage
sold my soul and I laid her down
wristwatch time slowing as she goes to sleep
there was no moon


(more time spent between songs tuning
his guitar than I've ever seen
at a show before, but it's
not I'm-a-rock-star, just Chinese song
tu-ning)


cigarette ash on the windowsill
the street by the beach,
the places we used to go
hundred years, hundred more

someday we may see a woman king
sword in hand
barefoot at night on the road,
fireworks blooming above in the sky
much too high to see the empty
road at happy hour gleam and
resonate

if I leave before you,
darling don't you waste me in the ground
I lay smiling like our sleeping children
eyes wide open

(all words Iron & Wine)

...

krankheit ist wohl der letzte grund des ganzen schopferdrangs gewesen;
erschaffend konnte ich genesen, erschaffend wurde ich gesund

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home