2005-06-08

iron & wine

(Some days, like rain on the doorstep)

lately she don't care
for a warmer breeze
or shade around the base
of the maple trees
spring was on the mountain
we climbed upon
stopped to see how high
and how far we'd gone

i said, 'love is waiting
and better days'
she smiled and placed a kiss
on my waiting face
promise what you will
something good for me
time will take it all
and it will, you'll see

...

Love is a dress that you made
long to hide your knees
love to say this to your face,
"I'll love you only"
for your days and excitement,
what will you keep for to wear?
someday drawing you different,
may I be weaved in your hair?

Love and some verses you hear
say what you can't say
love to say this in your ear,
"I'll love you that way"
from your changing contentments,
what will you choose for to share?
someday drawing you different,
may I be weaved in your hair?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home