2004-03-07

dar un chanclazo

Pajaro carta.

Remember a phone call out of nowhere, a rushed drive, a short walk? It was Florida's autumn, sunlight through leaves, afternoon. She'd told him I was home, to come over anytime. What ever happened to him? Such a nice boy. You grabbed my wrist and told me to look at you. You Don't Seem Very Upset About This.

My first tongue was lead and the second tongue had taken over. Please forgive it.

Remember a card without a return address? Yellow circles and a hole in the center. A perfect likeness. Can't wait to see you. Prometheus replied in my stead.

We had been not-speaking for some time when I saw him again. She called my name twice before I looked back at her, pulled the car back above the speed limit, breathed. I drove by again past a now empty bench. She left the house as I thawed in the bath.

I never heard you later, wrapped in blanket and blue flicker. My ears were mussel shells frozen to the lake bottom; I thought your breaking was the ice shifting and so could do nothing. Words thrown blind. Dark behind the swinging lamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home