2003-08-24

the 22nd: On the road. Dorothy Parker's birthday.
the 23rd: In Vermont in a tent. My birthday.
the 24th: In bed in the grass in the sky. A month until Peter's birthday.
the 25th: About to begin. My first day and a week until 'school' starts. Twelve emails and letters begun. I don't like being a far-off stranger.

Thank you for the birthday cards and letters and (missed) calls; it always surprises me when days are remembered. Even I forgot, for heaven's sake. Reasonable posts with substantive content are always waiting 'til tomorrow. Want cats and good people - a housefull though I haven't got a house, quite. Company. I think the tummy is almost well enough for a Manhattan... Maybe just tea tonight.

Laura is now here (in 3rd Company). The built chick with chin-length blonde hair: 7th photo down, third cadet from the right. I'm still not sure we're really sisters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home