2002-01-14

Coming Soon:
Life as Lit 3073, a new enterprise by Rachel. Critics are wary of Fagen's sophomore attempt, recalling the popular and artistic failure of her debut. Fuck dealing with writing as if it's trying to "get" me somehow. I have to realize that the only way Morrison and Campbell and Kundera are going to stop being red lights for me is to keep reading them, read them when they make me cry and read them when they cut me up and read them when I feel disgusting, because it's the truth that crawls my skin and makes dust of my bones. These are living breathing words in malleable organic language; my memories are not their words. Let it flow through, flow with it, let it become me and I it so that I can join their memories to mine and create out of it the shifty tactile thing that is literature. Toni Morrison says literature is something we do. Cortazar says the man at the glass is overtaken by the axolotl, and that a separate part of him stays an axolotl while the man no longer comes. I think they're both right.

The time has come to act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home