2001-12-10

swoon

Oooh, my goodness. All audiophiles must go to Wilson & Alroy's Record Reviews. My beloved dad sent me this link and I've been at the page for an hour now. Their widest coverage is of the 50's-70's, but it's an incredibly comprehensive and thorough collection of pop and jazz up to and including this year, and the reviews are dead-on.

musically speaking

I'm in a quandary. I've brainstormed a list of songs I'd like to put together in mix-CD form, but can't get around to actually arranging them or even deciding if they should all stay. So here's the deal: if you'll put them in an order you'd like, taking out a couple if you don't like them and putting in a few I don't have if you think they'd go well, I'll make the CD for you and send a second one [contents a secret!] along as well. Actually, even if you don't want this particular tape, I'll make a different one for you if you want. I'm in a mixtape-making-mood, and there's a good possibility that if you're reading this I owe you one anyway - especially if you like the Medieval Baebes. Put the list up in the book or email me, as you like. I call this, "How to Interact With the World Without Leaving The Room."

the list

Jason Falkner - Eloquence
Eliot Smith - Sweet Adeline
O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack - My Immortal Home
Ani Difranco - Tiptoe or My IQ
Eliot Smith - Independence Day
Leo Kottke - Machine #2 or Good Egg
Paul Simon - The Coast
Lemonheads - Hospital
Lemonheads - Something's Missing
Beatles - Junk
Sloan - My Generation
Velvet Underground - Rock and Roll Music
Radiohead - The Bends and/or Fake Plastic Trees
Moe - Nebraska
Supergrass - Moving
Pixies - Where is My Mind or Bone Machine
Nick Drake - Cello Song
Gomez - Hanover Girl

Now, I'm off to listen to lots of Joni Mitchell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home