2001-07-28

Something my birthmom wrote to me in a little notebook full of her musings; she gave the book to me on my 19th birthday and I treasure it more than anything anyone's ever given me. She wrote this page while she was still living with her longtime girlfriend, Debra. I miss them both.
------------------
...Of course, sometimes, like today, I get into a funk for no apparent reason. Everyone does at one time or another. It usually means nothing. But it causes problems - i.e., everything one's partner does is WRONG! Everything that happens today is a direct insult to me! Tomorrow it'll be ridiculous, but today it's soul murder.
The trick is:
a) realize it's a funk;
b) ride it out;
c) stay out of arguments;
d) take a nap, if possible;
e) write about it;
f) try to find something, anything, to feel good about.

And if all that fails, have a good cry & watch TV.
-----------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home