2001-07-28

Listening to: Liz Phair, Stratford-on-Guy
Checking out: a bottle of Excedrin Migraine headache capsules and a purring Charliecat


secret. only for you.

don't you get it?

i need to put up a front.

for now.

because i have never had one.

and my second skin isn't growing in.

and the one i have is withering away.

i lie.

i really need to lie.

it wasn't meant for you. you know. you must know somewhere inside. you know me far too well.

nobody has asked me this yet, but once they do i am prepared.

them: how many people have known you?
me: one

whether you want to or not. or whether you realize it or not. you do know me far too well.

i'm sorry if that hurt you. i am. but i need a front. nothing else seems to work.

i know your answer would be 'isolation'. maybe. but i need people. and the lack of skin really makes it hard to bear the scratches.


[ancient]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home