2001-07-26

*feeling around for a light switch*

An article written by a man on dating women who have been sexually abused.
An article written by a woman on telling your romantic interests about having been sexually abused.
Both intelligently written, both covering sensitive topics. Do not read if not in a safe place.

These are ancient links first brought up by retrospectre at the Garage. I'd be interested to know how this has affected other people's relationships when it's been an issue, as it certainly has in mine. I've left out "the conversation" completely, I've had it go really badly but also really well (and whether the conversee was male or female hasn't seemed to matter - reactions seem to depend on the person, not the gender of the Significant Other). I've left people, they've left me, there have been arguments and understanding and love and frustration and good sex and no sex and bad sex and marathon tissues-and-handholding sessions.

I'm having difficulty uploading the new layout and as such don't have my email address up yet, but you can reach me here or in the book. This means a lot to me, as it's something I'm struggling with now in my own life. I'm just not sure exactly where I'm headed yet.

xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home