2007-02-17

Per Terry:
Occasionally, you people want to talk to me while I'm doing math. I do not blame you, as I am usually genial, polite, and mildly witty. The archetypal exchange follows.

You: "Hello tdj! I offer greetings along with a simple question or pertinent remark requiring from you an elementary response."

tdj: "Er..." Long, awkward, slack-jawed pause. "Ah. Hmmm. Uh."

Let me explain. If you were to CTRL-ALT-DEL me and take a peek at the tdj Manager, you would note that 99% of my systems resources are currently taken up by math.exe. You are asking me to load at least english.exe and vocabulary.exe. Typically I also need bonmot.exe and grammar.exe. Occasionally, sarcasm.exe.

I am already running with an obsolete processor and barely enough memory to run the OS. You are going to have to either put up with the blank expression or upgrade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home