2003-06-03

it took me too long to realize
that i don't take good pictures
'cause i have the kind of beauty that
moves
   (ani)

Fell asleep at dusk and dreamt of sunrises. Sun did rise that morning, but he was forced to wait; in the gathering light, you made it rain.

XXXV
The songful plait of birds, newly awake,
Rings through the glimmering vale at morning-tide;
And rills that clear in liquid crystal glide,
With murmuring chimes responsive music make.
And she whose semblance doth of snow partake
And gold, grey Tithon's ever-faithful bride,
Cites me with these, o'er heaven disparting wide
The fleecy locks made deathless for her sake.
Thus roused, I Morning greet and Sun in skies,
And Sun more fair wherewith my youth was quelled
With daze that hath form then till now endured.
Often together have I marked them rise,
And at encounter of their beams beheld
The stars by him and him by her obscured.

(Petrarch via Richard Garnett)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home