2003-06-17

6/8 Sunday
after a lot of lateness, rachel goes swimming and we put out the fire and gather our belongings and wonder if we are still out there in the beach somewhere
*
after drive and music and stopping and starting and chips and coffee and unpacking and cleaning and cooking and cleaning and lounging and reading and walking and driving and picture-taking and gatheringdarklymisting
there
she was
not waiting
but there.
and I don't know how much of the salt on my hands is seaspray and I don't know how long I stand here breathing but I know I am home.

O highway I travel, do you say to me Do not leave me?
Do you say Venture not-if you leave me you are lost?
Do you say I am already prepared, I am well-beaten and undenied,
adhere to me?
(oh, Walt.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home